Aye it’s week 3! Let’s see!
I already have a monthly playlist on the go to promote what I’m jamming to on a monthly basis. But it’s NOT ENOUGH. Music is such a huge part of my life that I felt I needed to share more.
For those of you that aren’t aware of the #TBT situation – we’re talking throwback Thursday. We’re taking it way back. At least 10 years old. ( At the time of this post, we’re talking no newer than 2006!)
Which by the way, freaks me right out. In 2006, I was graduating grade 11, working in Edmonton over the summer, and started grade 12. For some of you, I’m sure you’re chuckling, but I can only say how what I am experiencing.
For each year I feature as a throwback, I will feature the same amount of tracks as my age that year. That being said, some years I will need to double my age (ie. 1995 I was six, and I don’t think it’s fair to only feature six tracks!)
Away we go!
This week – It’s 2001. I’ve decided to go up by two years each week, then I’ll work my way back on the even numbers. 😉
A snapshot of Sam at 12 years old:
- Competing in pageants again.
- In grade 6/7.
- My sister’s dad and my mom had already separated.
- I already had eating disorder problems.
- Boy crazy x 1000000
- Took Accutane.
- I frequented the Wish dances, a monthly teen dance at a local community center.
- Created a note book for myself and my friends to pass notes back and forth in class. I still have the book, and its shady as hell!
- I also created a comic of myself and my friends in a girl band.
- Had reasonable music taste for the most part – though I have sifted out a lot of trash. I am aware some of these songs are trash – but you can’t deny they fit the time! 😀
- Hanging By A Moment – Lifehouse
- I’m Real – Jennifer Lopez ft. Ja Rule
- Let me blow ya mind – Eve ft. Gwen Stefani
- Stutter – Joe ft. Mystikal
- Peaches & Cream – 112
- Love Don’t Cost A thing – Jennifer Lopez
- Family Affair – Mary J Blige
- Case of the ex – Mya
- The Way You Love Me – Faith Hill
- I Just Wanna Love You – Jay-Z
- Southern Hospitality – Ludacris
- Livin it up – Ja Rule ft. Case
- Ride wit me – Nelly
- Uh Huh – B2k
- He Loves U Not – Dream
- What would you do? – City High
- Crazy – K Ci & Jo-Jo
- Survivor – Destiny’s Child
- Where the party at? – Jagged Edge
- Get Ur Freak On – Missy Elliot
- Fill Me in – Craig David
- Differences – Ginuwine
- Superwoman pt 2 – Lil Mo
- So fresh, so clean – Outkast
Honorable Mentions (Because 24 wasn’t enough!)
- My baby – Lil Romeo
- E.I. – Nelly
- I’m A Thug – Trick Daddy
- Angel – Shaggy
- Take Ya Home – Bow Wow
- Lady Marmalade – Christina Aguilera ft. Lil Kim, Pink, Missy Elliot & Mya
- Hit Em Up Style – Blu Cantrell
- Turn off the light – Nelly Furtado
- Danger – Mystikal
- Independent Women pt. 1 – Destiny’s Child
- It Wasn’t Me – Shaggy
- I wanna be bad – Willa Ford
- Whenever, Wherever – Shakira