Sundays are sweet – the best day to be off of work – if you ask me. It’s the easiest day to forget your worries (and stuff you have to do!) and just kick back & relax.
Why not add some sweet to your sunday?
This is a super delicious chia pudding recipe I created that will fill you up and satisfy your sweet toth. x10.
This can be remixed by using any other kind of plant based milk. I used hazelnut because I thought it would be amazing. You can also switch up the type of nut used…more on that later.
Chocolate Hazelnut Chia pudding
What you’ll need to succeed
- A jar – at least 500 mL or airtight container with a lid
- Utensil to mix with (I used a plain old table spoon)
- 1 cup hazelnut chocolate milk
- 2.25 (2 1/4) tbsp chia seeds
- 1 banana
- Some granola (I used approx 3-4 tbsp)
- Nuts (I used 1 handful walnuts + crush about 1/2 a handful of pecans for topping)
- Cinnamon for topping
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips for topping
- Vegan Marshmellows – ripped into 4 pieces :-O
- Add about 3/4 chocolate hazelnut milk to container
- Add Chia seeds
- Add remaining hazelnut milk
- Mix with utensil
- Open + chop up banana – I personally just ripped it up with my bare hands and tossed it in. 0 f^cks….
- Give it another mix with your utensil
- Add your granola (and p.s. feel free to add more if wanted!)
- Then add your nut of choice
- Add your chocolate chips and vegan marshmellows
- Lastly, topp with crushed pecans
- Shake some cinnamon on top and give yourself a high five for being so great.
Refridgerate for at least 1/2 hr prior eating – so that the chia has a bit of time to expand. The longer the better (that being said – I wouldn’t refridgerate this for 20 hrs…. If you’re wanting to make it overnight – do just the chia and the hazelnut milk.)
GIve it a big stir before eating and mix it all up. Aweee yeahhhhh.
Sky is the limit….
For the nut component – don’t be afraid to experiment. I’ve also tried almonds and cashews in different experiments. Both were super good.
Serves 1 – or maybe 2 kids…