Week 4 – Gimme some mo’!
I already have a monthly playlist on the go to promote what I’m jamming to on a monthly basis. But it’s NOT ENOUGH. Music is such a huge part of my life that I felt I needed to share more.
For those of you that aren’t aware of the #TBT situation – we’re talking throwback Thursday. We’re taking it way back. At least 10 years old. ( At the time of this post, we’re talking no newer than 2006!)
Which by the way, freaks me right out. In 2006, I was graduating grade 11, working in Edmonton over the summer, and started grade 12. For some of you, I’m sure you’re chuckling, but I can only say how what I am experiencing.
For each year I feature as a throwback, I will feature the same amount of tracks as my age that year. That being said, some years I will need to double my age (ie. 1995 I was six, and I don’t think it’s fair to only feature six tracks!)
Away we go!
This week – It’s 2003. I’ve decided to go up by two years each week, then I’ll work my way back on the even numbers. 😉
In 2003 I was 14 years old. I was in the 8th/9th grade.
Sam in a nutshell:
- I was dating my first serious boyfriend, and also suffered my first big heartbreak.
- I moved to Toronto after grade 8.
- I spend my summer living with my grandma.
- I graduated the 8th grade with the drama award (and not because I was shady haha).
- I was very into improv.
- I was at the tail end of my pageant career, if not already done for the most part.
- I still hadn’t drank or smoked anything.
Last week got a bit out of control – so I will not be doubling my age in tracks this week, which was VERY tough…but I felt was a must. A solid fourteen!
- Ignition (Remix) – R Kelly
- 21 Questions – 50 Cent
- Get Busy – Sean Paul
- Crazy In Love – Beyoncé ft. Jay-z
- Right Thurr – Chingy
- Get Low – Lil Jon & The Eastside Boyz
- Magic Stick – Lil Kim ft. 50 Cent
- Bump,Bump, Bump – B2k
- Can’t Let You Go – Fabolous
- My Love is like…Woah – Mya
- Don’t Mess With My Man – Nivea
- I Know What You Want – Busta Rhymes ft. Mariah Carey
- Work It – Missy Elliot
- Stand Up – Ludacris
ok ok… I know I said only fourteen, but I have one honourable mention. 😉 #sorrynotsorry
bobborst.com top 100 of 2003 (my memory isn’t perfect!)