Hey pals! It’s my birthday!!! WOOOOO!!!! 27 and still livin’! 😀 One of the many ways I am celebrating is to share this amazing homemade soup recipe.
This is a soup that gets better with age, so don’t hesitate to refrigerate it for a day or two before consuming.
Spinach kale green pea soup
- 1 small head cauliflower ( or 2/3 large head)
- 1 small bunch dino kale, de-stemmed (though any kale will do!)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 Litre veggie stock (4 cups)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp grated frozen lemon
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Nutritional Yeast to taste
- Throw all ingredients into a large pot. Turn on medium-high heat until gently boiling.
- Turn down heat to low and let simmer for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Blend (either with a hand blender, or pour into a blender in stages)
- Simmer for a few more minutes and have a taste. Add more salt, pepper, chili flakes, or nutritional yeast if you desire.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Makes approximately 5-6 servings.