I’ve never been much of a sandwich girl – but with my continued visits to The Wired Cup, I am starting to turn a new leaf.
I bring you – a sandwich sure to delight both vegans and non-vegans alike!
Cheezy Avocado Tomato Spinach Sandwich
- 2 pieces of bread
- Earth Balance Soy-free buttery spread (or butter sub)
- 1/2 an avocado, mashed up with a fork
- Tomato slices (I used 2.5)
- Ripped up baby spinach leaves
- 1 slice tomato chao cheese (or other cheese sub) (ripped into pieces)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle of hemp hearts
- Pinch of dried lemon basil
- Butter up the bread. Butter one side of one piece, and both sides of the othe piece.
- On the double buttered piece of bread, spread your mashed avocado on one side, followed by the tomato slices, salt + pepper, lemon basil, ripped up chao cheese, spinach leaves and finally the hemp hearts.
- Pan fry the sandwich, pressing down once in a while to keep it all locked in.
- Flip a couple of times, until golden brown on either side.
- Cut in half, and enjoy!