Salads can be delicious – and this one is no exception. It’s colourful, well balanced and chock full of great stuff (both tasting and for you!) And with a hummus dressing, I don’t feel like I need to sway you anymore. 😉
This recipe serves two, so note when it says in the ingredients “per bowl” that each person adds that amount of the ingredient.
Crunchy Seedy Green Salad and Hummus Dressing
- 3 cups raw baby spinach, ripped
- 1/4 cucumber, sliced to your preference
- 2 carrots, washed and chopped
- 1 handful walnuts, crushed
- Palm full Que Pasa Purple Corn Tortilla Chip Crumbs (optional, but adds a crunch) (per bowl)
- Handful of Chia Seeds (per bowl)
- Palm Full of Hemp Hearts (per bowl)
- Nutritional Yeast to Taste
- Your favorite hummus (about 2 tbsp)
- 1 tsp coconut/plant based milk (or more to thin it out)
- Add a bed of raw spinach to your bowl (about 45% of the total amount per bowl)
- Add your carrots and cucumber
- Add your chia seeds, hemp hearts and walnuts.
- Prepare and drizzle your salad dressing (combine plant-based milk and hummus in a small container, mix until smooth).
Pro tip: If your hummus is plain – feel free to add some lemon, salt and/or pepper, cayenne, chilli flakes, ginger, etc. Whatever the mood strikes.
- Top with nutritional yeast and que pasa chip crumbs.