Hi friends! My coworkers were throwing a celebration at work that included making homemade waffles – and since they are so great, they made some vegan waffles just for me! 🙂 The best part – now the whole team is having vegan waffles! Countless eggs and milk products have been left on the shelf. SCORE!
Here is the recipe they shared with me – and let me tell you – AMAZING!
- Large bowl
- Waffle Iron
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Coconut or Vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- In a large bowl, combine the ingredients one by one, mixing it evenly with a whisk between each item added.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and whisk until it is the consistency of pancake batter.
- Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray/oil and make waffles as you typically would with a waffle iron.
- Top with your favorite toppings (I like blackberries and blueberries, but I didn’t have any on-hand, so I used just maple syrup and earth balance buttery spread).
- Enjoy! 🙂
Yields 8 four inch square waffles.
Recipe found on egglesscooking.com