Who doesn’t love a good pear!
They are low calorie, fiber dense and high in anti-oxidants. Perfect for a snack at any time of the day.
If you want to kick your pear snack game up a notch – consider these delicious and easy to make pear sandwiches! This idea is a riff off of the popular “apple sandwich” movement (yes, its a movement – I’ve decided).
- 1 pear (or more depending on how many sandwiches you want – 1 pear = 1 sandwich)
- Sticky Agent (Jam, Maple syrup, Agave syrup, Any kind of nut butter, etc.)
- Toppings (think any kind of seed, crushed up nuts of your choosing, rolled oats, other fruits (chopped up strawberries?), spices, etc.)
Steps for Success (Instructions)
- Cut a pear into halves, de-seed, and then cut those halves in half.
- Coat the “inside” (white part) with your sticky agent. I put peanut butter & maple syrup)
- Add Toppings (I chose to add cinnamon, rolled oats, & hemp seeds).
- Close the sandwich and enjoy!
It sounds like a darn mess – but It’s more tidy than I thought. This recipe is easily one of the best, easiest and quickest things I’ve made in a while!
Have a super day! Stay positive!
Originally Posted September 13/15.