It’s as crazy and amazing as it sounds….
If you aren’t sure about it….it looks weird but tastes super duper delish. The recipe said to top with hemp hearts + blueberries – I personally topped + mixed in some black berries because it was all I had on hand berry-wise.
- Good quality blender
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 3 pitted medjool dates
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Pinch of lavender
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or powder
- 1/2 cup soaked walnuts
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 3 cups filtered water
- Fresh blueberries and hemp hearts for topping
- Place walnuts in bowl and fill with enough water to cover by 1 inch. Cover and set aside at room temperature to soak at least 4-12 hours. Drain and rinse well.
- In the blender, add walnuts, dates, raspberries, lemon, vanilla, and lavender.
- Blend with the water until frothy and creamy.
- Place chia seeds in a bowl and pour the mixture over top.
- Stir and let sit for 10-20 mins to allow chia to swell and become gelatinous.
- Serve with handful of blueberries and some hemp hearts on top.
My end result apparently looks nothing like theirs… Although mine was super amazingly delish…I can’t help but wonder where I went wrong.
I also to be honest – probably didn’t add enough walnuts and maybe I soaked them for too long. :-….I also had to use some strawberries because I ran out of raspberries. I also left my chia seeds in for a long longer – which made it much thicker and – in my opinion – bettah!
Basically now you’re finding out why this site is various vegan remixes – because I have a hard time following a recipe exactly…
Till next time,