This one is peanut buttah – and it’s a real treat! I’ll keep it brief – I remixed the dressing recipe a bit just based on preference and extra spice. This post is like a choose your own adventure – try this dressing with the salad I made it with, or freestyle and do your thing. 🙂 You could also even sub the peanut butter for almond butter if you’re not about the PB life.
Ingredients for the dressing
- ¼ Cup Natural Peanut Butter (or almond butter)
- ¼ Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Dash of Cayenne pepper
- Cracked Black pepper to taste
- 1-2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- Dash of salt (I used a garlic/himalayan sea salt mix)
- 2 – 3 Tbsp Water (or more to thin it out to your liking)
- Chop the garlic and let the allicin build up! Let sit for about 10 minutes. Maybe 5 while you do something else, and the other 5 while you’re assembling…
- Assemble all ingredients into a bowl (garlic last!) and whisk until smooth, or – into a jar and shake until smooth.
- Store in airtight container in the fridge if you dont use it all.
- Continue reading for the salad recipe – or do your ting from here! 😉
- 1/2 bunch dino kale, ripped off of the stem
- parsnips (I didnt have very much, so I used probably a 1/4 of a medium parsnip) but you could use up to 1 full parsnip, chopped to your liking.
- 3 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 3 large handfuls “super greens” by organic girl (just a greens mix btw – it would be just as good with any other greens)
- Pepper to taste
Instructions for salad
- Heat kale and parsnips – you could steam them if you’d prefer – I personally used about 1 tsp oil and pan fried them until soft.
- Add pepper whenever you see fit.
- Add all salad ingredients to the bowl, and mix.
- Dress your salad and serve! 😀
Makes 2 large salads, or 3-4 side servings.