Right before the boiling water was poured on top!
I made this on a night that my poor fiance was on-call for work, so he needed something easy to prepare and easy to enjoy. I prepped everything, put it in the fridge, and once he got home, he was but 2 minutes away from eating! (I timed it really well and actually had the water boiling already) 😀
This would also be a great option for lunches – without using a microwave, it is sometimes hard to have a satisfying home-brought lunch. You’ll have a lot of leftover bouillion powder – so maybe it’s something you could try in the future.
Ingredients for bouillion powder
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tbsp sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp onion flakes (or sub 1 tbsp onion powder)
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Ground chillies to taste
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp coconut palm sugar (can substitute regular granulated sugar)
Ingredients for soup
- 3-4 “blocks” or “cakes” gluten free ramen or rice noodles (I used Lotus Foods Jade Pearl Rice Ramen) (NOTE: If you’re making for 4 people – make 4 cakes, if 2 people, make 3 if you’re really hungry! 😉 )
- 2 cups fresh greens (Note: I used super greens by organic girl, only because I didn’t have 2 cups of baby spinach leaves as the original recipe called for)
- 2.5-3 medium carrots, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free miso paste
- 4 teaspoons tamari – aka gluten free soy sauce – or just reg soy sauce if that’s what you’ve got on hand!
- 1/4 cup Bouillon Powder approx (see above!)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chopped green onion (I forgot to add them before my pics)
- If you already have bouillion powder – skip this step… though I highly recommend making your own! 🙂 So if you are making your own… assemble all bouillion ingredients into a bowl.
- Mix! Mix! Mix!
- Transfer to a resealable container – think a mason jar – or some other glass container.
- For the noodles – prepare as instructed on the package.
- For the bowls/jars…
In a large glass bowl, or large jar (something with a lid!) Assemble in the following order:
For 4 people:
1/4 cup spinach leaves
1/4 cup shredded carrots
1/2 tbsp miso paste
1 tsp tamari soy sauce
1 “cake” of noodles
3/4-1 tbsp bouillion powder
1/8 cup/2 tbsp green onions (or more if desired)
For 2 (very hungry!) people:
1 cup spinach leaves
1 cup shredded carrots
1 tbsp miso paste
2 tsp tamari soy sauce
1.5 total amount of noodles (or 1.5 “cakes”)
1.5 tbsp bouillon powder
1/4 cup Green Onions
- Cover in the fridge until ready to eat.
- When you’re ready to eat – fill the glass container/jar approx 80% full and cover for 2-5 minutes and let the ingredients steep.
- Mix well (but gently!) and enjoy! 😀
Originally posted November 6/15.