Well, I can say that it delivers on its promise. Oh – and it’s super delicious too! 😀
Creamy + Dreamy Avocado Citrus Salad Dressing
Ingredients for the Dressing
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup agave
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- Cayenne Pepper to Taste
- 1/3 cup water or more, to thin to preference
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions for Dressing
- Prep Ingredients – wash, chop, etc.
- Place all ingredients into a blender, blend to desired consistency.
- Add more water if it’s still too thick and if your blender is having a hard time blending smooth.
- Leave in the blender while you work on the salad…
Ingredients for Salad
- Approx 2.5 cups greens (or more if wanting), ripped up – I used a mix of baby spinach + arugula
- 8 strawberries, chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/4 – 1/3 of a medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- A few cherry tomatoes for garnish
Instructions for salad
- Rip up the greens, place in a bowl and set aside
- Chop strawberries + grate carrots, Put into another bowl
- Go back to the blender, blend the dressing once more until smooth
- Combine all ingredients, and toss until mixed.
- Chop and add cherry tomatoes on top
- Serve and enjoy!
Serves 2 people as a large side.
Note: If you have any leftover dressing, store in the fridge, covered. I ate my leftovers the next day, so I’m not sure what the dressing’s “shelf life” is.
Originally posted November 13/15.