I’ll admit I have a sweet tooth. Being a vegan can be tough sometimes – especially when cookies come into the conversation. Luckily, I found this bomb recipe that is quick to make. The bonus is that no baking is required. The only hard thing about this recipe is waiting the 2 hrs until they are frozen. Unlike regular cookies, the dough is safe to eat right from the mixing bowl. Hallelujah!
Orginal recipe are bars rather than cups – and are topped with hot fudge!!! check it out over at averiecooks.com
You’ll need a cupcake baking tray and cupcake cups to line the tray.
Raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter or vegan butter (like Earth Balance), softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (I used chickpea flour)
- pinch salt, optional and to taste
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks, reserve 2 tablespoons (I used 1.5 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips – but one could also use peanut butter/butterscotch/white chocolate chips)
- Put cupcake lining cups into cupcake tray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together (or beat with an electric mixer) butter, brown sugar, and vanilla until soft and fluffy, about 3 minutes. (I did this by hand – starting with a fork and then whisking.)
- Stir in the flour and optional salt.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips, reserving about 2 tablespoons chocolate chips to push into dough once in pan for a nice visual effect.
- Turn dough out into prepared pan, pressing it down firmly with a spatula.
- Evenly press in reserved chocolate chips.
- Place pan in refrigerator or freezer for at least 2 hours to set up, or overnight. Cups are easily eaten straight from the freezer, but allow to come to room temp for about 3-5 minutes if it’s easier.
- Cups will keep airtight in the refrigerator for at least 3 weeks and in the freezer for up to 4 months.