Salads are always a great option for a quick and nutritious meal. I personally am a huge fan of warm salads. All the nutrition, with a little extra warm hug.
This recipe makes a great side dish to a veggie burger, salad, sandwich, or whatever else your heart desires. 😉
Quick And Easy Warm Quinoa Cucumber Salad
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 bunch kale, washed & ripped
- 1.5-2 cups raw greens of your choice
- Sprouts/ micro greens (if you happen to have them on-hand, but not mandatory)
- 1/3 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 2 tbsp hummus
- 2 cloves garlic
- Oil to coat the pan (I used coconut)
- Peel & chop the garlic a bit to get the allicin building!
- Wash, rinse & rip up the kale.
- Add oil to the frying pan, turn on low heat.
- After a few minutes, add the garlic and cook until fragrant (about 3 minutes or so).
- Add the kale to the pan, and turn up the heat to medium. Keep an eye on it, flipping often.
- Chop up your cucumber, set aside.
- Add 1/2 of the jerk seasoning to the kale.
- Continue cooking the kale till the desired consistency/texture. I like my kale a bit crispy, so I let it cook for about 8-10 minutes on medium-high heat, flipping often.
- Add remaining jerk seasoning to kale, and turn down the heat to medium if you turned it up.
- Add quinoa, and a bit more oil if necessary to avoid the quinoa sticking to the pan.
- Add the cucumber and hummus into a bowl, mixing well.
- Sometime in here, rip up your raw greens.
- After the quinoa has been cooking for about 3-5 minutes, add the cucumber and hummus to the pan, turning the heat back down to low.
- Stir/flip ingredients in the frying pan until everything looks nice and mixed up.
- Remove frying pan from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the raw greens and warmed ingredients.
- Serve, topping with micro greens or sprouts.
Serves 2 as a side.
Originally posted January 25/16.