I made this recipe with some stuff called “cookie butter” that I bought at my local cafe called Wired Cup – but if you can’t find it, you can always use a nut butter in place! (I found through google that in Canada, Presidents Choice and Wal-Mart both have options.)
The verdict: EVERYONE LOVED THEM!
- Equal amount of Pecans (20 dates = 20 pecans)
- Cookie/Nut Butter
- Remove the pits from the dates, taking care to not rip them completely in half
- Grab a table knife and coat the pecan in your choice of “butter”.
- Stuff the pecan into the date, covering with any “butter” that may have came to the top.
- Re-form the date if required, closing the top as much as possible.
Serve whenever. Keep in an airtight container when you aren’t indulging. Keeps for at least a week. (Although that’s how long they lasted in my house, so I cannot say how long they last for sure!)