Making a good curry without buying paste can be somewhat of a challenge. I wouldn’t call this an Indian-style curry, nor would I call it a Thai curry either – but whatever the heck it is, it’s delicious! 🙂
Warm Curry Chickpea and Veggie Wrap or Bowl
For the Sauce
For the Sauce
- 1.25 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tbsp minced onion
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed/minced/finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Veg/Proteins
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 vine tomato, chopped
- 1 medium stalk broccoli
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, pressed/minced/finely chopped
- Oil to coat the pan
- Pitas or some type of carb (quinoa, rice, etc.)
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a saucepan, stir and heat on low.
- Prepare the veggies, and rinse the chickpeas.
- In a large wok/frying pan, add the garlic and oil, heat for a couple of minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the broccoli, and cook for a few minutes more.
- Now add the chickpeas, and cook for about 2-3 more minutes.
- By this time, your sauce should be fully combined and minimum warm. Add your sauce to the large wok/frying pan with the veg, and turn the heat down.
- Add the tomato and spinach, cooking for about 4-5 minutes more.
- While that’s going on, prepare pitas (I steamed mine a bit over the sauce since they weren’t very malleable.
- How you consume is up to you. I tried to make a wrap, but it was very messy. If you’re looking to go that route, I’d recommend you employ some tin foil. I also put some in a bowl and cut the pitas into quarters.
Originally posted February 18/16.