Super easy, quick and delicious – these make a great snack or light lunch (with a side). Ian is all about the fried tomatoes. He was making some one day, and I decided to experiment (and I am sure glad I did!). I think you’ll be pretty glad too – check out what I made! 🙂
Avomato Open Faced Sandwich
- 2 pieces of bread – I used silver hills gluten free chia
- 1/2 an avocado, mashed
- Microgreens/sprouts (if on-hand)
- 1/2 a tomato, pan fried
- 1 slice vegan “cheese”, ripped in two – I used tomato cayenne chao cheese .
- Salt + Pepper
- Vegan “butter” spread
- Toast your…toast. The bread I used takes a long time, and doesn’t really ever fully “toast”, so I popped it down a few times through out the course of me making this.
- While that is going, dice your 1/2 tomato and turn the burner on to medium heat.
- Add a bit of vegan “butter” to the pan and once melted, add your tomato. Stir often.
- Chop your avocado in half (put the seed on the other half, and refridgerate). Using a fork, “mash” your avocado in the shell/skin, adding salt and pepper if desired.
- If the tomato is getting a little too liquid-y for your taste, crank up the heat for about 30 seconds at a time, stirring constantly.
- Once the toast is ready, cover with vegan “butter”, then the avocado, followed by half of a chao slice (cheese), then the tomato, a bit of spinach, and finally the microgreen/sprouts.
- Top with freshly cracked pepper.
- Consume ASAP – as the longer it sits, the longer the tomato has to seep into the bread and make it a bit…soggy.
Serves 1 🙂